The final piece is above. You can also see my node graph as well as the original image. This task took longer than i though and as this was my first ever time using Nuke on my own it was a really good experiment to see what I knew and more importantly what I didn’t. I did get stuck for some time but after researching specific nodes I was able to see where I went wrong. For instance when creating a roto I forgot to apply it to the copy mask and so forth. I spent way to long before I realised. But the great thing is I was able to click on the nodes and physically see what I had done. Another problem I cam across was when I was trying to put the background in and the page changed shape. I troubleshooted this by adding a reformatting node. I think my node graph is simply laid out so I can see the process.
I like my final piece, I wanted it to look very simple and I spent a lot of time trying to get shadowing correct. I also decided I wanted the moonlight to stream in from in front of the buildings. If I had a little more time I would have put in a street lamp. However I liked the night scene. I would like to take all that I have learnt for this exercise for the main brief of integration so it is photorealistic and simple.